Our Facebook page where you can keep up to date with the weekly activities
- Filipino Martial Arts Concepts
- Home website of our leader and inspiration, Grandmaster Rene Latosa. Huge amount of conceptual information, historical context, and attitude here.
- We do bulk orders of rattan every now and again, so let us know and we’ll cut you a piece from our existing stock. What size is right? As a rule of thumb, for a single-handed training weapon, the maximum diameter should allow you to grip the weapon such that your third and fourth fingers come close to touching your palm. A two-handed weapon can be of slightly larger diameter. Single sticks range from 24-30″ generally. The longer and heavier, the more difficult to control. A staff should be at least, slightly taller than you.
- Zen Warrior Armoury
- Source of quality fencing masks at fair prices. This mask represents the “high end” and includes a stainless steel mesh (strong) and washable bib (sanitary). This one is more cost effective, has the washable bib and sufficient facial protection.
- Purpleheart Armoury
- Family-owned vendor of medieval weaponry and gear.
- Crane Mountain Weapons
- These guys do really nice custom hardwood weapons. Purpleheart staffs are highly recommended, as are their tonfa.
Like-Minded Weapons and Martial Arts Folk
Where we share a training space in the Lonin loft at SANCA.
- The School of European Swordsmanship
- Western martial arts school in Helsinki, Finland founded by Guy Windsor.